The Clinical Research Coordinator RN is responsible for clinical management of clinical studies. Under the direction of the Clinical Research Manager and VP Research (Corporate), is responsible for an organized study management system against a backdrop of strict adherence to highest scientific standards and ethical requirements. Serves as a liaison between primary physicians and patients. May prepare and administer medication and assist the physician in various studies. Act as resource person for various personnel involved in studies, compiling, recording, reading and filing data. Clinical responsibilities include patient recruitment and follow-up.
- Minimum of a RN Degree in nursing
- 3 - 4 years previous clinical research experience required
- ACRP or CCRP certification or obtain within 3 years of employment required
- Licensed RN/BSN with oncology experience preferred.
- Must have a strong understanding of medical terminology, in particular to oncology.
- Education in oncology disease processes, ability to accurately perform nursing care- assessment, collect and organize data needed for the clinical trial.
- Ability to comprehend NCI chemo-toxicity grading scale, AEs, SAEs, and pharmaceutical knowledge to understand medication background and purpose of concomitant medications a patient may be taking including but not limited to drug-drug interactions, side effects, biological effects, and food- drug interactions.
- Organizational skills a must in order to maintain multiple records in detail to assure validity and continuity of data.
- Clinical skills required to support research activities within the RN Scope of Practice including but not limited to evaluations, assessments, blood draws, etc.