Stories of Life. Stories of Hope.
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA) is one of the fastest-growing networks of cancer hospitals in the country. We offer the most sophisticated forms of oncology treatment, combined with complementary therapies that support the entire person. It's a place where your contributions can create new stories that embody our exceptional standard of care known as the Mother Standard® model of care - meaning that all staff provides the same level of care to each patient that we would want for our own loved ones. And for those of you who can see how rich and fulfilling this mission-driven, patient-centric, cutting-edge work experience can be, we hope your story starts here.
Start your story as a
As a Data Architect, you will expand CTCA's use of data as a strategic enabler of corporate goals and objectives. The Data Architect will achieve this by strategically designing, developing and implementing data models for enterprise-level applications and systems at the following layers: conceptual, logical, physical, subject area, and application. Your role will act as the primary advocate of data modeling methodologies and data processing best practices.
Under general supervision, this position provides strategic-level technical leadership for CTCA's data architecture. The stakeholder in this role must clearly understand business objectives and translate them into data models which will then be communicated to business and technical stakeholders. You will be required to keep up with the latest data architecture methodologies and standards, particularly those used in healthcare.
Through the development of reliable and stable data models, master data management, metadata management, and data quality assurance initiatives, the Data Architect will oversee the technical design of the Business Intelligence Data Architecture while defining data modeling methodologies, standards and tools. In collaboration with other stakeholders, this role also defines data interface and messaging standards for CTCA computer systems.
Strategy & Planning
- Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision and standards in conjunction with data users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders.
- Assess and determine governance, stewardship and frameworks for managing data across the organization.
- Create short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall data management roadmap.
- Establish processes for governing the identification, collection and use of corporate metadata while ensuring accuracy and validity.
- Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement.
- Conduct data capacity planning, life cycle, duration, usage requirements, feasibility studies, and other tasks.
- Create strategies and plans for data security, backup, disaster recovery, business continuity, and archiving.
- Ensure data strategies and architectures are in regulatory compliance.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Ensure the success of enterprise-level application rollouts (e.g., EHR, SCM, CRM, etc.) from the data architecture, standards and quality perspective.
- Liaise with vendors and service providers to select the products or services which best meet company goals from the data architecture, standards and quality perspective.
- Develop and promote data management methodologies and standards.
- Select and implement the appropriate methodologies, standards, tools, software, applications, and systems to support data technology goals.
- Oversee the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics, with the goal of ensuring data quality.
- Collaborate with project managers and business unit leaders for all projects involving enterprise data.
- Address data-related problems in regards to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration.
- Act as a leader and advocate of data management, including coaching, training and career development.
- Develop and implement key components as needed to create testing criteria in order to guarantee the fidelity and performance of data architecture.
- Document the data architecture and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture.
- Identify and develop opportunities for data reuse, migration or retirement.
- Analyze and mine business data to identify patterns and correlations among the various data points.
- Develop integration process data flows and data mapping analyses.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Administration.
- 5 or more years of data or information architecture experience
- 3 or more years of data or information architecture experience in a health care organization
- 5 years of work experience as a data or information architect.
- Hands-on experience with data architecting, data mining, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Direct experience in implementing enterprise data management processes, procedures, and decision support.